CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Certain of this information is “Personal Information” – that is, information that identifies you individually such as your name, postal address, zip code, phone number, email address, or user name. Other information is “Anonymous Information” – that is, information that does not include Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been deleted.
All information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other sources. The information we collect varies depending on how you interact with us or others online:
- Information That You Provide to Us – You may provide information to us online for any number of reasons. For example, when using our Sites, Users may asked to provide or may submit Personal Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, when Users visit our Sites, register on our Sites, place an order or warranty request, subscribe to a newsletter of interest list, respond to a survey, fill out a form, submit a job application, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. In such cases, we will collect the information that you provide, which may include information regarding your Pacific West Development home or prospective home, your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, zip code, or certain demographic information, such as your age, gender and interests.
- Information from Third Parties – We may collect or purchase information from third parties, including marketing companies. If you reach our Sites by clicking on a link or advertisement on another site, we log that information. This helps us understand each User’s preferences and improve our services. If you have responded to or interacted with third parties who share your information with us, we collect the information the third party provides to us, including your email address.
- Automated Information – We automatically collect information from you when you visit our Sites or interact with us online. We use various automated technologies are used to collect information from you and about you when you visit our Website including cookies, Flash cookies, information from your browser, information from our server, web beacons, web bug, pixel tags, clear GIFs, and other means. We also log your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address in order to help diagnose potential problems and issues with our Sites and track usage statistics. It is difficult to personally identify you through your IP address, and we make not attempt to do soAs discussed above, our Sites use “cookies” to collect your information. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.Our Sites may use “cookies” to help us remember your activities on our Sites and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Sites visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services and Sites may not function properly.
Our purpose for automatically collecting such information is to allow user-friendly visits to our Sites, to inform us of activity concerning our Sites and to support our marketing efforts. Third parties, including our third party service providers and third party business alliance members, may also collect information about your activity on our Sites and on third-party sites or when interacting with you online by using automated technologies.
- Information Collected – Information collected from you and about you when you visit our Sites includes your website preferences, online authentication, type of computer or mobile device you are using, your MAC address, your operating system and version, your Internet browser and version, your IP address, the date and time of your visits, the websites and pages you visit online, referring websites, the length of time you spend on our Website, and your location.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
We may collect and use information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our Sites.
- To improve our Sites – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature – To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails, postal mail, text message, social media, telephone or other means regarding our products, services and promotions – We may use a provided email address, mailing address, phone number or other means to send Users information. Collected information may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If the User decides to Opt-Out, they will not receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us.
THIRD PARTY COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES OVER TIME AND ACROSS DIFFERENT WEB SITES
We may allow third parties including our advertisers and service providers to collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities, over time and across different web sites, when you use our Sites.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We do not honor “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms from your computer that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information (including your Personal Information) relating to your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. Such signals will not impact the operations of our Sites.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Pacific West Development discloses the information we collect online without notice to you to the following categories of third parties:
- Subcontractors and Service Providers Providing Services to Pacific West Development and Pacific West Development Homeowners and customers. If you are a Pacific West Development homeowner, prospective homeowner, or Pacific West Development customer, we share your information, which may include Personal Information, with our subcontractors, service providers and developers. We may share your information with service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as those service providers that perform surveys of our customers, those that manage our customer information or perform analysis for us.
- We may share your information, including your Personal Information, with Pacific West Development affiliates and other third parties unless you Opt-Out, such sharing may be for direct marketing purposes.
- We may share your information, including your Personal Information, with third parties, including law enforcement, in response to legal process and to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal, suspicious or fraudulent activities involving our Sites, you or us.
YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT FROM THE SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR DIRECT MARKETING
Pacific West Development does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if you have exercised an option to “Opt-Out” and prevent such disclosure. To this end, we hereby notify you of your right to prevent our disclosure of Personal Information about you that we may have collected, online or otherwise, and we provide you with a cost-free means to exercise that right by clicking on the “Opt-Out” link below and following the procedure set forth on our “Opt-Out” page:
By opting out in accordance with the above procedures, we also agree to remove you from any future commercial email correspondence from Pacific West Development.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Sites, by containing links to other third party websites. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. The inclusion of a link on our Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or any of our affiliates. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Sites and welcome any feedback about these other websites.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Our Sites contain general information not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. In this regard, our Sites are intended for a general audience and are not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our Sites, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s website and read the helpful information provided by the FTC.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE IN OTHER COUNTRIES
Our Sites may be accessible in countries outside of the United States. If you choose to access our Sites from another country, you do so at your own risk with the understanding that information may be collected from you and stored as a result of your access to our Sites while in another country whose privacy laws may be different from, and less protective than, those of this country.
Pacific West Development has implemented safeguards as required by law to protect your Personal Information. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information on our Sites. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Sites.
Please be aware, however, no information or data transmitted electronically can be guaranteed to be 100% safe and secure. If you believe that the security of any information or data that you have provided to us has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS